Cloyd's Cajun Pepper Steak
- Product Code: Cloyd's Cajun Pepper Steak
- Availability: In Stock
2-4 Round Beef Steaks (Or equivalent type meat, 4 steaks worth will feed several people).
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Medium size Onion (You can also use your favorite chunky style salsa in place of chopping onions and bell peppers).
8 oz. Tomato Sauce (Use less if you are also using salsa).
Instant or Regular Rice
1. Cut 2-4 Round Steaks into finger sized strips. (2 steaks are about 1 ½ to 2 pounds of meat. If feeding more people go up to 4-6 steaks).
2. Fry the steaks in a skillet with spices of your choice. (I use a smoky southwest seasoning or real cajun seasoning).
3. When the meat is almost done, add the chopped onions, bell peppers and tomato sauce (or 1 C. chunky salsa for 2 finger size chopped steak).
3. Move the skillet higher over the fire or let the fire die down a little, cover skillet with a lid to slowly steam cook everything together and blend the flavors. The acids in the tomatoes, either salsa or sauce, will go a long way to tenderize tough cuts of meat.
4. Cook rice while waiting for meat and sauce to cook. If you are not using instant rice you will need to start the rice before the meat.
5. Serve steak and sauce mix over the rice.
In the old days, this was a way to stretch a small amount of meat combined with sauce and rice to feed several people.
Submitted by: Cloyd W.