Steak of your choice (Steve likes New York's or Ribeyes)
3-4 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons Butter
10 baby Red Potatoes
Green beans: enough to fill the steamer pot in the top of the billy can
Salt & pepper for seasoning (Jess likes to season her steak with garlic salt)
1. Chop garlic and saute with 1 tablespoon butter in the bottom of the Billy Can, stirring often. While garlic is cooking, cut potatoes.
2. When garlic is done remove from pot and set aside.
3. Put the potatoes, enough water to cover them and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into pot. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender (you may need to add fuel to the stove as these cook to maintain enough heat).
4. Once the potatoes are cooking, put the green beans in the steamer pan and place in the top of the pot. Cover with lid. The beans will steam as the potatoes are cooking (if the beans reach desired tenderness before the potatoes are done, you can remove them from the pot and put them back in later to warm).
5. When potatoes are finished, drain water, then add the garlic and remaining butter. Salt & pepper to taste. Mash it all together (Steve’s prefered mashing utensil is, a stick).
Remove pot from stove and set aside with the lid on so the beans and potatoes stay warm.
6. Put the extended grill plate on the firebox. Let it heat up and then add your steak. Salt & pepper
to taste. If the grill plate seems like it needs it, add some oil or cooking spray before putting the
steak on, and make sure you've got plenty of heat to give the meat a nice sear. Cook steak to
your liking. Remove and let rest for a few minutes before cutting. ( If you want to, you can put the
potatoes and beans back on the stove to warm while the steak rests.
7. Enjoy your delicious dinner!