Spaghetti Dinner from the Garden
- Product Code: Spaghetti Dinner from the Garden
- Availability: In Stock
3-4 cloves Garlic
3 tbsp. Oil or Butter
2 lbs. Tomatoes ( romas or other sauce tomatoes work best )
1/2 to 1 C. Fresh chopped Oregano and 1/2 cup fresh Basil
Salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese for grating
Optional: Italian sausage
1. Chop garlic and shallots. Saute in half of the oil until they are translucent and start to brown.
2. Add the remaining oil, some salt & pepper and the tomatoes to the fry pan.(If the tomatoes are large cut them in quarters.)
3. Cook until tomatoes are roasted and have broken down into sauce. This process will take a while. Cook slowly, stir often.
4. When the sauce starts to thicken, stir in chopped oregano.(If you do this to soon it will cook out a lot of the flavor.) Salt & pepper to taste.
5, Remove pan from stove, cover and set aside to stay warm.
6. Add grill plate to stove and cook Italian sausage if desired.
7. Stoke up your fire and boil water for pasta in the billy pot. Cook whatever pasta you like. (If you have more than one firebox you can do this while the sauce is cooking.)
8. Top pasta with sauce, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!