- Product Code: Monkey Bread
- Availability: In Stock
This recipe can be made using the baking kit or the fry pan kit.
Use our bread dough recipe (found in the baking section under: bread dough) or pre-made frozen dough from the grocery store.
½ C. Sugar
½ C. Butter
2 tbsp. Cinnamon
1. Melt butter in a bowl.
2. In another bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
3. Form the dough into small balls. Dip each ball in the butter and roll in the sugar. Place the coated balls in the pan leaving about a 1/2 inch between each one.
4. Allow the bread to rise in a warm place until it nearly doubles in size (about 20 or 30 min.)
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until golden brown. When It starts to smell like monkey bread, it's almost done.
Tip: When you bake put your hottest coals on the top of the billy pot or fry pan oven (created by turning a pie tin over and placing it on top of the fry pan). Doing this will help bake and brown the top of whatever you're cooking. We almost always use a pocket bellows to stoke the coals and keep them hot.